- Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2016
- Time: 8:30am to 11:30am central
- Location: Northern Brewer - Milwaukee 1306 South 108th Street, West Allis, WI 53214
It is strongly recommended that attendees complete the pre-work in order to actively participate in classroom discussions and practices.
Discussion of week 5 & 6 recommended reading will included “other” types of meads and advance techniques. We will continue our review of common faults, causes and possible solutions.
Competition Entry Instructions and judging specialty meads will be covered and we will complete/practice scoresheets.
- Fermentation issues
- Addition of malt, spices and oak
- Mead Style Guideline
- Special ingredients
- Category-Specific Requirements
- Attributes of Honey, Fruit, Grapes, Spice
- Prepare for Tasting Exam
Mead Samples- M3 Spiced and M4 Specialty:
- M3A. Fruit and Spice Mead
- M3B. Spice, Herb or Vegetable Mead
- M4A. Braggot
- M4B. Historical Mead
- M4C. Experimental Mead